TRUDESIGN MANUAL AQUAVALVE
Tru-Design Manual Aquavalve
The Tru-Design Aquavalve is designed and made in New Zealand, for demanding marine sanitation applications. The Aquavalve is typically used in marine toilet applications where protection for the environment necessitates the need to control effluent discharge – in many countries this is governed by regulation.
Sewage entering our waterways and oceans has become a problem faced in many areas. Legislation forbidding the dumping of marine waste has been in place in areas such as the Great Lakes (USA) for many years. With 124 countries now party to MARPOL 73/78 Annex IV for ships, smaller vessels are now being targeted. Legislation in many countries now dictates the use of holding tanks near shore, or in defined areas.
By installing a diverting valve, the user has the ability to hold sewage when required by law, and can pump directly overboard when allowed. The Aquavalve has the ability to be locked to comply with local legislation.
- Manufactured from a glass reinforced nylon composite – High strength and light weight.
- Stainless steel fasteners – Will not corrode in salt laden air.
- Easy installation – With a range of straight, 90° and 120° tails, and two seal options, plumbing in confined spaces is made easy.
- Clear and easy to understand labeling of positions – OPEN (in green) when the handle is turned. The operator knows exactly what direction the flow is going in.
- Valve handles have a red “closed” arrow. The operator knows exactly what direction the flow is not going in.
- Handle position lockable – Legislation in some regions require the overboard discharge handle to be locked into the holding tank position when in ‘no discharge’ zones
- Available in black or white – Fits in with color schemes in plumbing areas allowing easy identification of components.
- Pressure tested – All valves are pressure tested to ensure quality and safety in respect to sealing and operation.
- Silicon seal – The Aquavalve® is the only valve on the market today with smooth movement and an excellent seal with good wear resistance.
- Composite spanner included – Avoids using pipe wrenches that gouge the fitting. Facilitates access in tight places.
- Fascia plate on standard model can be removed to reveal simple “open – open – inlet” labeling – Where product is not used for marine toilets, all toilet references are removed.
- Large operating temperature range – Suitable for all marine environments, from -20°C to +110°C
- Note bulkhead hole diameter for Aquavalve through Bulkhead is 49.0mm
The Tru-Design Aquavalve® is moulded from a glass reinforced nylon composite.
High strength, high-modulus glass fibers impregnated into the nylon provides
dramatic strength, stiffness, toughness, and dimensional stability.
- Clear indication of which port is in the closed position
- Versatile – many plumbing options
- Easy mounting – screws directly to bulkhead or floor
- User serviceable – full service and parts backup
- Lockable feature – no ability for accidental discharge
- Each valve supplied with spanner wrench
|Dimensions||12 x 4 x 4 in|
None, 3 Straight Tails, x2 120 Tails & 1 Straight Tail